Sunday, June 10, 2012

Field Trip Reflections

After our salmon release field trip, we spent some time reflecting and writing paragraphs about our experience. Here is a peek at what some of us had to say about our trip...

My Best Field Trip


       Yesterday I went on a field trip to release our salmon. The first thing we did was go down to the river to release our salmon. We grabbed a baggie and Kevin put water and fish in the bag and then we put it under water for 5 seconds. Then we slowly dipped the fish out. After that we went around to stations. My favourite station was the salmon life-cycle play. I also liked the station where we released our salmon. The best part about releasing our salmon was I got to name the salmon in my head. My most favourite part was walking to the bus - it was fun! I thought it was a good field trip. 


By: Brandon

Releasing our Salmon


       Yesterday I went on a field trip to release our salmon. The first thing we did was go down to release our salmon. We grabbed a baggie and Kevin put water and a fish in the bag then we put it under water for 5 seconds. Then we slowly dipped the fish out. After that we went to stations. My favourite station was the third play. It was funny because one of the boys made the female salmon lay eggs. The male salmon was funny, too, when one of the boys made the male fish spray out white stuff. I think it was supposed to be Milt. Then we felt some snakes. I think the snakes felt really smooth and colourful. I tried to feel the tongue but the tongue was too fast to feel it. I thought it was so much fun to do that I wanted to do it again and again. 


By: Riannon

Our Fun Field Trip


       Yesterday we went on a field trip to release our salmon. The first thing we did was go down to the river to release our salmon. We grabbed a baggie and Kevin put it in water and fish in the baggie and then we put the baggie under the water for 10 or 5 seconds. And then we slowly dipped the fish in the water and said Good-Bye. And after that we went around to stations. My favourite station was touching the fish and touching the snakes. After that we pretended we were fish and we pretended we traveled to the sea. And I felt happy. The field trip was fun. 


By: Fuzzy

Leave us a comment: 

What was your favourite part of the field trip to release our salmon? 

Did you name your salmon as you let it go, like Brandon did? What did you name your salmon? 

1 comment:

  1. Dear:Riannon

    your reflecten was long. I had a hard time reading it! I like your refechen.


    From:Ebony

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or a question for us here!

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Make sure to check it for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment".

Your comment won't show up immediately, because all comments are moderated by Miss. OC before being published